Sunday, June 15, 2008

CANCER - Relay for Life 2008

CANCER.
We have all been touched by it, one way or another. I have lost many family members and friends to this. It does not discriminate . . . it shows up regardless of age, gender, political view, religion, financial status..... it shows up.

I have lost grandparents, many family members and most recently a very dear friend. It's sad but we HAVE TO fight it. Every effort counts. A few months ago I photographed an event for the American Cancer Society (for their fundraiser) and then just a few weeks ago, on my way home from a job, I stopped and grabbed some shots at Peters Township High School during their Relay for Life event. It was emotional and moving. I sent the images off to the American Cancer Society but thought I'd post some here. If you have never taken part in one of these events, I suggest you help, take part or volunteer to help.... every little bit helps, and every person there makes a difference. I want to personally thank everyone there that showed up... I may not know every single one of you personally, but I am glad that you took time out of your busy schedule to participate. AND.... hope to see you all next year too!!!





No comments: